Forums have moved (URL change)

1. Greg Hurrell

As you may have noticed already, the forums have moved.

Now, you are forwarded to "wincent.dev/a/support/forums". As a result, there might be some breakage of links in older posts, but I think pretty much everything else should continue working (but do let me know if you identify a problem).

Why the move? This is part of a massive site reorganization that I've been working on for weeks now in the hope that it will make things easier to find. Everything that used to be hosted on a separate subdomain (like the forums, the bug tracking and feature requests database, the separate product websites, the weblog etc) is being moved into a single, easily navigable hierarchy rooted in the wincent.dev domain. And all pages on the site now have a consistent look.

So you'll notice the new header up the top here with the dynamic menus (at least, if you have a modern browser you'll notice them!). For weeks now I have been converting old pages to the new format by hand, and I have spent many hours today actually migrating files into position. There are still quite a few broken links; I still have about twelve hours' worth of work before everything is completely moved over, so thanks for your patience. My immediate aim is to get everything working, and then over the next few weeks the polish can follow...

I hope you enjoy the new layout and find it useful.

2. Greg Hurrell

I have seen error messages when making posts, which look to be related to directory permissions. The posting works, and you only see the error messages momentarily, but I'd like to get rid of them.

Have had one quick look at the permissions and tried to fix them, and the truth is that everything looks ok. If anyone sees more errors, do leave a comment here with some info so that I can continue to track it down.

3. Greg Hurrell

Ok, I think I've fixed the problem. Let me know if you see it recurr.