no suitable image found (works now)

1. anonymous

MacVim 7.3, ruby 1.8.7, SnowLeopard.

The make commands which were produced by extconf.rb run without error but ':CommandT' said that no suitabe image could be found. After I run gcc commands found here in the forum it did work.

Maybe the problem is that I have MacPorts installed? Below are the two variants (arguments which appeared in both variants removed for brevity). Hope it is of any help. Thanks for a great plugin!

Hans-Peter

• didn't work:
    /usr/bin/gcc-4.0 -I/opt/local/lib/ruby/1.8/i686-darwin9 -I/opt/local/lib/ruby/1.8/i686-darwin9 -I/opt/local/include -D_XOPEN_SOURCE -O2   -c ext.c
    /usr/bin/gcc-4.0 -I/opt/local/lib/ruby/1.8/i686-darwin9 -I/opt/local/lib/ruby/1.8/i686-darwin9 -I/opt/local/include -D_XOPEN_SOURCE -O2   -c match.c
    /usr/bin/gcc-4.0 -I/opt/local/lib/ruby/1.8/i686-darwin9 -I/opt/local/lib/ruby/1.8/i686-darwin9 -I/opt/local/include -D_XOPEN_SOURCE -O2   -c matcher.c
    /usr/bin/gcc-4.0 -dynamic -undefined suppress -flat_namespace  -L/opt/local/lib -L. -L/opt/local/lib  -lobjc
    • this did work:
    gcc -I/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/universal-darwin10.0 -D_XOPEN_SOURCE -arch i386 -arch x86_64 -g -Os  -DENABLE_DTRACE   -c ext.c
    gcc -I/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/universal-darwin10.0 -D_XOPEN_SOURCE -arch i386 -arch x86_64 -g -Os  -DENABLE_DTRACE   -c match.c
    gcc -I/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/universal-darwin10.0 -D_XOPEN_SOURCE -arch i386 -arch x86_64 -g -Os  -DENABLE_DTRACE   -c matcher.c
    cc -arch i386 -arch x86_64 -pipe -undefined dynamic_lookup  -L/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/lib
  2. Greg Hurrell

You need to build Command-T using the same version of Ruby that your Vim links to. In the case of MacVim, that's the system version of Ruby.

If you want to build it using the non-system version of Ruby, then you'll need to build MacVim as well, linking against that same non-system Ruby.