Multiple caches

1. anonymous

Hello,

I'm using Command-T on a quite important project organized accross 3 main subdirectories that we'll call A, B and C : I have three separate shortcuts to invoke CommandT on either subdirectory.

Opening files from either subdirectory and random order is painful because each call to Command-T on a different directory seems to flush the previous one from the cache : if I open files from A, B, A, I never actually take advantage of the cache.

Could a 'by root directory' cache be implemented ?

Thanks

2. Greg Hurrell

At first I misunderstood your request, but on reading it again I understand that you are asking for multiple caches, keyed off the "root" directory for each cache. Sounds like a reasonable idea, although I wonder what the memory usage might be for people jumping around a lot between different directories; for that reason I'd want this to be optional and off by default.

A workaround until then would be to just work from the directory where A, B and C all live rather than changing into them.

3. Greg Hurrell

Made a ticket in the tracker for this; see feature request #1878. Not sure when I'll get to this, so feel free to submit a patch.