Conflict with ruby.vim on Windows

1. Joel Elkins

I am using vim 7.3.289 (built with ruby 1.8.7) vim with Command-T 1.3 on windows. Command T is quite stable and works well in general. However, the following error appears when opening a .rb file from CommandT browser. Aside from the error message, the file opens and edits just fine. (I also pulled the latest git of ruby.vim (f265e6b) with same result.)

If this is a duplicate report, I apologize.

Error detected while processing C:\Users\jelkins\vimfiles\bundle\vim-ruby-vim-ruby-f265e6b\ftplugin\ruby.vim:
    line   71:
    NoMethodError: undefined method `command' for CommandT::VIM:Module
    line   94:
    E121: Undefined variable: s:ruby_path
    E15: Invalid expression: s:ruby_path
    line   71:
    NoMethodError: undefined method `command' for CommandT::VIM:Module
    line   94:
    E121: Undefined variable: s:ruby_path
    E15: Invalid expression: s:ruby_path

It appears to be caused by this section in ftplugin/ruby.vim

elseif has("ruby") && has("win32")
        ruby VIM::command( 'let s:ruby_path = "%s"' % ($: + begin; require %q{rubygems}; Gem.all_load_paths.sort.uniq; rescue LoadError; []; end).join(%q{,}) )
        let s:ruby_path = '.,' . substitute(s:ruby_path, '\%(^\|,\)\.\%(,\|$\)', ',,', '')

2. Greg Hurrell

See ticket #1752. I think I might end up defining a command method on CommandT::VIM just to silence this.

3. Joel Elkins

I submitted a pull request to vim-ruby with the fix identified by others (and confirmed to work for me), which is to invoke ::VIM::command rather than VIM::command in ftplugin/ruby.vim. We'll see if they agree.

4. Greg Hurrell

Nice, we can hope. In the meantime, makes sense for me to implement the workaround mentioned above.

5. Joel Elkins

Sounds like a good plan, thanks!

6. Joel Elkins

Patch was merged upstream, FYI

7. Greg Hurrell

Nice!