"Get Artwork from Synergy" script broken

1. rotorglow

Since....fairly recently (I'm not sure when), the (wonderful) Get Artwork From Synergy script included with Syndergy has been failing.

When run, it takes several seconds, then displays 2 messages in a dialog box titled "Select Artwork To Use:" 4021: Can't checkin with server named com.apple.metadata.mdserver, error 0x10000004 4021: Can't create query: 0x10000003

...with Cancel and Select buttons.

The 4021 changes (is it a PID?)

I'm running itunes 7.4.2, and this was happening with both Synergy 3.1.1 and 3.1.5

Synergy has already downloaded the artwork

Any thoughts? Is it a Synergy problem or did an iTunes update break the script?

Thanks for an amazing product.

2. Greg Hurrell

I haven't seen any messages like that, so this is speculation, but I'd say that you're might be right that 4021 is a PID; quite probable also that it could be an error number (although most Apple error numbers are displayed as negative numbers; ie. -4021).

That's actually a user-contributed script (not much of an AppleScript guru myself) so let's see if he replies (he's subscribed to this forum).

One thing you can use is the "Transfer cover to iTunes" menu item in Synergy's Global Menu, but obviously that's on a per-track basis so it's best suited for filling in holes in your collection rather than going through your entire library.

Leopard is almost out and so I'll be spending the next couple of weeks ironing out any bugs and remaining compatibility issues; then I'll be able to start on integrated support for this kind of thing (not needing to rely no external scripts to do it).